IRS Approved Debt Collector Contractor

ConServe works on behalf of the IRS to help taxpayers resolve their past due accounts.

What to Expect

If you have an account that has moved to Collection, the IRS will write you to tell you ConServe has your account. Next ConServe will write you about your account. It is important that you save these letters.

The contact letter (CP40) from the IRS will state that overdue taxes have been assigned to ConServe. It provides steps on “What Happens Next” and your “Rights as a Taxpayer”. ConServe’s initial contact letter will then follow the IRS’s letter validating the assignment to ConServe and provide additional information about your account including payment methods to the IRS. Both letters will contain a unique identifier used to authenticate the taxpayer and ConServe.

Taxpayer Rights

ConServe is dedicated to the fair treatment and quality service for all taxpayers. ConServe complies with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and consumer protections. Our Quality Service Associates will ensure that you understand all options available to you.

Learn about your taxpayer rights >

How to Avoid Scams

The IRS has selected three private collections agencies, including ConServe, to work on its behalf and assist taxpayer’s with overdue taxes. ConServe will contact taxpayers by mail and by phone. ConServe will not reach out to taxpayers via email, text messages or through social media platforms. If you have been contacted by anyone posing as a debt collector that does not follow a multi-question authentication, it is a scam.

Learn how to avoid scams >

Tax Scams / Consumer Alerts (video) >

Here’s How to Know that Private Collection Agency Calling You is Legit (video) >

How to Pay the IRS

The IRS has several options available to you to make a payment or to schedule recurring payments. All payments are made payable and directly to the IRS – not ConServe. To ensure compliance on your outstanding tax debt, contact ConServe’s Quality Service Associates at (844) 853-4875 to assist you in making payments.

Paying your taxes >

Most Commonly Used IRS Forms and Instructions

Most commonly used IRS forms >

Change of Address Form 8822 >

Power of Attorney Form 2848 >

Tax Informational Authorization Form 8821 >

Pre-Authorized Direct Debit Authorization Form >

Obtain your tax transcripts from the IRS

How to obtain your IRS Transcripts >

Get Transcripts >

This communication is from a debt collector, and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.


You are now leaving

You are following an external link to: